Thursday, September 21, 2006

Member of the Episcopal Majority:

Until today, I had held-off from labeling our opponents as "evil." The gloves are off now. I'm now ready to say those people are evil and slimy. Certainly not all of them. God knows, there are a few people of integrity on the conservative side. But they are being led by the nose and bankrolled by slime-buckets or what my friend Elizabeth would call bottom-feeders.

- Lisa Fox.

Lisa Fox is a Member of the Steering Committee of the "Episcopal Majority".

Member of the Anglican Majority:

I don't believe inclusion is a value in itself, Welcome is. We welcome people into the Church, we say: 'You can come in, and that decision will change you.' We don't say: 'Come in and we ask no questions.' I do believe conversion means conversion of habits, behaviours, ideas, emotions. The boundaries are determined by what it means to be loyal to Jesus Christ. That means to display in all things the mind of Christ. Paul is always saying this in his letters: Ethics is not a matter of a set of abstract rules, it is a matter of living the mind of Christ.That applies to sexual ethics; that is why fidelity is important in marriage. You reflect the loyalty of God in Christ

- Archbishop Rowan Williams

2 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Bubbahotep,

Why are you doing this? I'm not episcopalian, but I still feel that I need to share with you as a concerned sister in Christ. From what I can tell looking at your blog you seem to feel that the members of the Episcopal Majority are all heretics, while those who are part of the Anglican majority are othodox and sound in the faith. I just don't think this is true, and it seems to me a false dichotomy.

For instance, I am sure many if not most members of the Episcopal Majority are alot closer to C.S. Lewis in the faith than they are to Jack Spong. How many would agree with Bishop Bennison that Jesus was a "sinner." I don't know of anyone.

There is a diversity in both of these groups, Bubbahotep.

Also, is it right to publish remarks out of context people may make when they're feeling angry and upset, and then to imply this is who they are as people, that this is all their organization is about, anger and invective. (God is calling you to something better than this.)

We are all sinners, Bubbahotep, in need of God's grace and forgiveness in Christ, our Savior and Lord. Why not work for healing and reconciliation in the body of Christ?

Also, speaking as an othodox, evangelical Christian, I feel the situation in Africa is concerning and heartbreaking. How can it be right to consent for our brothers and sisters in Christ to be deprived of their rights to speech and freedom of assembly, to be thrown into prison. Even the state department of the Bush administration has spoken out against this as a human rights violation.

Bubbahotep, despite anyone's view concerning homosexuality, surely all Christians should be speaking out against this terrible injustice. Do you agree?

I don't expect you to personally respond. I would only ask that you pray and think about what I've shared.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Esther392 said...

Grace,
What words has Bubbahotep taken out of context? From where I sit he is only quoting what they have to say. Surely if one of these individuals is upset about the words, why don't you invite them to disclaim them.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home